[Breaking Down OLED TV] We Got Sony's OLED TV [Part 1]
The product positioned as the "Symbol of Sony's Revival" by Ryoji Chubachi, President and Electronics CEO, has finally been released. It is the long-awaited organic EL TV.
The date of release is Dec 1, 2007, but ahead of this, some volume retailers have already launched initial sales of the products. The supply is already running short and customers have to wait some time before obtaining the products in most cases.
But you don't have to worry. Our Nikkei Electronics Breakdown Team has obtained the precious TV. It is not for the editorial department, but for breaking down and analyzing part of the product that Sony is boasting as the culmination of its technologies. The break down process will be reported to the readers of Tech-On! and Nikkei Electronics.
Just to let you know, we obtained the TV through a direct sale web site operated by Sony Style Japan. We confirmed the timing of when they would start accepting reservations in advance by phone and made the reservation at the exact time they started.
This is because we felt a little pressured by the comment by the person who answered the phone that they might stop taking reservations just a few hours after starting. As it turned out, the reservation system was no longer active a few hours after we completed the reservation process.
The organic EL TV arrived at the editorial department without any trouble. We opened the box...
- [Breaking Down OLED TV] We Found Another Box [Part 2]
- [Breaking Down OLED TV] We Watched Digital Terrestrial Broadcast [Part 3]
- [Breaking Down OLED TV] Sony's Commitment in the Instruction Manual [Part 4]
- [Breaking Down OLED TV] Drive Circuit Layout Realizes 3mm Thickness [Part 5]
- [Breaking Down OLED TV] Details of OLED Panel Exposed [Part 6]
- [Breaking Down OLED TV] Lump of Cu Found in TV Mount [Part 7]
- [Breaking Down OLED TV] 'Black Stones' on Main Board [Part 8]
- [Breaking Down OLED TV] Close Look at Ethernet Connector [Part 9]
- [Breaking Down OLED TV] High Full On/Off Contrast Ratio [Part 10]