Copyright © 2015 Nikkei Business Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.
All editorial content and graphics on this Web site may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express permission of the copyright owner.
[Breaking Down Latest Mobiles] 'Samsung SDI' Printed on FPC [Hitachi: Part 1]
Dec 21, 2007
The Nikkei Electronics Breakdown Team next moved on to Hitachi's "W53H" (Wooo phone). This model has two main features. They are its 2.8-inch OLED panel used for the main display and a 1seg reception antenna housed in the lower unit of the handset.
Front face of the "W53H." A 2.8-inch, 400 x 240 resolution OLED panel is employed for its main display.
The rear surface of the "W53H." The thinnest part, at which a Li-ion secondary battery sits, is about 14.7mm. The thickest part, where the 1seg antenna and camera module are located, is about 18mm. Hitachi might have struggled to incorporate the antenna, as it had a sticker on it that said, "Do not place your hand here."
With the chassis behind the display removed. The name of the Korean manufacturer of the OLED panel (Samsung SDI) was printed on a flexible printed circuit (FPC).
When we removed screws on the rear side of the keyboard-side chassis, a sub board and a camera module were exposed. A wire was extended to the bottom side of the chassis for connection with a CDMA2000 1xEV-DO main antenna.
An enlarged photo of the main antenna. Resin was applied to the metal antenna.
The rear-side cover of the keyboard-side chassis. Antenna wirings for Felica were set around the speaker.
- [Breaking Down Latest Mobiles] Panasonic, Hitachi, Sharp, 'All-in-one' Models [Prologue]
- [Breaking Down Latest Mobiles] "All-in-one" Is Simply Structured [Panasonic: Part 1]
- [Breaking Down Latest Mobiles] Memory, Processor PoP-mounted [Panasonic: Part 2]
- [Breaking Down Latest Mobiles] ICs on Both Surfaces of Mainboard [Hitachi: Part 2]
- [Breaking Down Latest Mobiles] 4th-gen AQUOS Mobile Phone [Sharp: Part 1]
- [Breaking Down Latest Mobiles] Toshiba's SoC on Mainboard [Sharp: Part 2]